Friday, May 8, 2009

Strange New Clothes - James Horner

When I go on vacation I love to stop at the airport bookstore before gtting on the plane. Sometimes I don't buy anything. Sometimes it is a simple magazine or puzzle book. Sometimes a book catches my eye. This vacation I found The Boy in Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne. It looked like a fairly easy read. A small book with larger than normal sized print. I thought it would be easy to read on the plane or at the beach. Ron ended up reading the first three chapters on the plane. And that is saying a lot because he is not fond of reading. I ended up reading most of the book on the plane home.
I highly recommend reading the Boy in Striped Pyjamas. For me it was very engaging and emotional. I won't ruin it by giving away the ending. Just let me say, Read it, you won't be disappointed. I have not yet seen the movie, although now I want to. So I do not know how closely it follows the book.

No comments: